Choosing someone to help you with your image, wardrobe and signature style is very personal so you want to be sure you feel comfortable with your choice. There are 3 things you need to know about the person you choose:
- Who she is
- Why she does what she does
- What inspires her
Who I am:
Before I became a fashion stylist and image consultant, I majored in music at Mount Holyoke College (a music major — who would ever think that would lead to a career in fashion!). Fresh out of college I was intrigued by the fashion industry but had no clue if I had a gift for it or if it could turn into a profession (fashion was really different back then)! On a whim, I attended modeling school because I thought that would be a great way to learn about the industry. How wrong I was (more on that in a minute)! I was 30 before I figured out how to dress in a way that made me feel good inside and out. Before that I spent countless hours and wasted tons of energy and money copying what others wore, and trying to fit into what society dictated I “should” wear. I was miserable.
Why I do what I do:
While in modeling school, I observed the instructors constantly berate one girl in the class (she was only 15 years old) about her weight. She was maybe 10-15 pounds overweight at most, even by model standards.
Watching how horrible she felt as the instructors commented on her weight was a life altering experience and shaped my entire future. I vowed I would find a career where I could empower women to feel good about who they are inside and out. Although it took me another 8 years, I finally discovered image consulting and never looked back!
I believe that every woman deserves to look and feel radiant and pulled together every day. I wholeheartedly believe you can create a dynamic personal and professional image without relinquishing personal style or comfort. As a modern woman, you absolutely CAN communicate who you are through what you wear, in a way that’s empowering – for you and for those around you.
I’m here to help empower you do that – in a way that’s compassionate, gentle, intuitive, and extremely up to date on fashion tips, tools and trends (bless their hearts so many of my clients don’t even know where to start in the overwhelming sea of information that’s out there – I help them cut through the noise and the clutter to find things that really work for them).
I’m also here to help you with very practical things like:
- Cleaning out your closet,
- Being aware of which trends may work for you, and
- Identifying shopping habits that are keeping you stuck.
What inspires me:
I have a deep passion for and commitment to health, beauty and cruelty-free living. I’m grateful for the choices we have in this modern world. In 2005, I adopted veganism as a way of life and quickly realized that this personal commitment would directly impact my business. At a time when the terms “stylish” and “vegan” rarely appeared in the same sentence, my mission became to prove that the two could happily co-exist. I’m so pleased to report that they can! I offer guidance, support and insight to my vegan (or just curious and open-minded) clients showing them how to dress fashionably and still be true to their values.
I launched Total Image Consultants in 1987 and recently celebrated my 26th year in business! If I “know” anything after 26 years it’s that I know what happens when we as women are empowered and how much we hold ourselves back when we are not. There is nothing worse than when a woman holds herself back. You know it. You feel it. We’ve all done it.
My heartfelt mission is to empower each woman I work with to feel great about herself and realize her inner potential.
My flagship virtual coaching program, Who Taught You How to Dress, empowers women all over the world to overcome the obstacles and learn the skills they need to create a wardrobe they love in the comfort of their own home!
Official Bio Highlights
- Ginger is the Past President of the New England Chapter of the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI) and has served on the AICI’s International Board as the Vice President of Member Communications. In addition, Ginger is a past President of the Boston Wedding Group.
- VegNews Magazine selected Ginger as one of “25 Most Fascinating Vegetarians” in 2007
- Ginger offers private consultations and remarkable makeovers for women and transgender clients. Ginger also directs corporate seminars and community education programs for some of Boston’s most prestigious organizations including Harvard Law School, Harvard Business School, the U.S. Army, and Fidelity Investments and has been the media spokesperson and fashion expert for Rowenta, Inc.
- A notable speaker and leader in the field of fashion and style, Ginger’s adroit understanding of beauty trends and fashion image has been celebrated by The Boston Globe, Women’s Health Magazine, Worth Magazine, VegNews Magazine, Elegant Wedding Magazine, cnn.com, ABCNews.com, Fox TV News and More Magazine.com.