How to Look Great in an Online Zoom Meeting
We are all closed up tightly in our homes and many of us are working from home much more (or maybe even for the first time!) than ever before. It’s hard to believe that our lives have changed so dramatically in a heartbeat!
If you feel like you’re navigating a whole new way of doing business or connecting with people, with little or no preparation, you’re not alone.
Zoom, Skype and other ways of offering online meetings are happening constantly now and most likely will be for quite some time.
The question is, are you ready? Do you know how to maximize your presence in these calls?
If not, or if you could use a little upgrade or confidence-builder, I can help. As Ginny Beckett shared after she watched it, “We had a Zoom meeting today and thanks to you we looked pretty good and rocked it!”
In this special 1-hour seminar I address:
- The best set-up for being on video (there are several important components and tips)
- What to wear and what not to wear and why
- Best on-video practices (equally as important)
SPECIAL NOTE: We had quite a discussion about wearing black on screen. I know black is everywhere and nearly everyone wears it. Black and white are not always the best choices for being on video. White can glow and overwhelm you and black can look flat and the details can disappear so you look shapeless. Of course, when you’re doing a Zoom meeting it’s only your head and shoulders on camera so it’s not a huge issue, but something to consider when choosing what colors to wear (you’ll hear more about this on the recording).
There are also two other things to consider when you decide whether or not to wear black:
- Is black one of your best colors ? Will it make you look and feel fabulous?
- Does it reflect who you are? This is the work I do with clients to dive deeply to uncover who they are at a deep level. In addition to your coloring, your personal inner beauty words will help determine whether black is a go-to or not. If black truly reflects who you are you’ll look and feel amazing in it and otherwise, it might feel harsh, dreary or heavy. And, remember no matter what, if black makes you happy and you follow all the rest of the guidelines I talked about, wear it and enjoy. The choice is always up to you!
Enjoy and wishing you successful, enjoyable and fun online meetings and presentations. Be well!
Want to see more videos from me? Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GingerBurrTIC